CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 7, 2013

Managing a Home, a Business and a BABY!

As a homeschooling mom who is also trying to run a business, there are days when I feel like I'm constantly busy, yet never get anything done. It can be discouraging. I'm not going to pretend I have all the answers. I'm not even going to pretend to be an organized person. I just thought I'd share a little tip that's been helping me get things accomplished (therefore feel sane) recently.

Having a schedule is great, except for the fact that I have a baby, and babies can't tell time. So I decided to make his schedule work for me. I made a list of his usual activities and used them as categories that I could fit my daily tasks into. Here's what it looks like:

Baby Napping:
clean
cook
dishes
sew
laundry
phone calls
homeschool

Baby Happily Playing

clean
cook
dishes
sew
laundry

Baby On My Back in Ergo
clean
laundry

Baby Nursing

any business-related computer work

I have a loose routine that I follow, but I was very easily sidetracked whenever I had to stop what I was doing to take care of the baby. Having this list makes it easier to move from one task to the next more seamlessly. You can see that some tasks fit into more than one place. I work on whichever is the highest priority. These exact categories might not work for anybody else, but hopefully they will provide you with a basic framework to help you get organized and get stuff done.




0 comments:

Post a Comment